Office 365 refers to a subscription that is based on the cloud. Users can also download the apps on their systems, to use Office 365 both offline and online. To use Microsoft Office for free, people can get Office Online. With Office 365, multiple individuals can edit the same file at the same time. These changes are visible instantly. For the users to collaborate with others, MS Office 365 comes with Skype. OneDrive and OneNote make this suite a hit amongst students and businesspersons. You can get your Office 365 setup at office.com/setup.
Microsoft Office 365 Setup Prerequisites
Office 365 for home: Selected Office for home editions comprise an activation code. If you have a product key, then you must redeem it. Head over to office.com/setup and login to your Microsoft account. After redeeming the product key, the Microsoft account will get linked to your Office suite.
Office 365 for business: Selected MS Office 365 for business editions contain desktop apps. The organization’s head needs to assign these programs to the user.
Download Microsoft Office 365 on Windows PC
- Launch the browsing program.
- Open the following link: www.office.com/setup.
- If you haven’t logged in, then click Sign in.
- Key in the username and password for the account associated with the Office 365 program.
- If you have a work or school account, then sign in using the work or school ID.
- Press the Install Office button.
- Press the Install button.
- Choose whether you want the 64-bit version (set by default) or change it to the 32-bit version.
- Wait for the setup file to download completely.
Install Microsoft Office 365 on Windows PC
- Press Run button (Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer), press Setup button (Google Chrome), or press Save File for Mozilla Firefox.
- In the User Account Control prompt, press the Yes button.
- This will fire up the installation.
- Office 365 installation may take a while.
- An animation will play on the screen when the installation is over.
- Close the window.
Activate Microsoft Office 365 on Windows PC
- When an Office program is opened for the first time post-installation, an activation window automatically pops up.
- You will be prompted to log in.
- In the “Sign In” screen, press the azure Sign In option located at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Sign in with your Microsoft email, work or school email applied when buying the MS Office 365 product.
- Wait for the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard screen to appear.
- Choose how you want to activate the product.
- Click Next.
- Enter the product key printed on the retail card.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
- Click Done.
Download Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
- Open the browsing program.
- Go to the link www.office.com/setup
- Check if you are signed in, if not, then log in.
- Enter the data for the account connected with your Office 365 program.
- Enter the details of your Microsoft account, work account or school account, as required by your edition.
- Hit the Install Office option.
- Press Install.
- Soon the Office setup file will commence downloading.
Install Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
- After the setup gets downloaded, move to Finder in the Dock.
- Open Downloads.
- Locate the Office 365 setup file.
- Double-click on the installer.
- The Install Microsoft Office for Mac screen will appear.
- Hit the Continue button located at the lower right-hand corner.
- Review the software license agreement.
- Tap the Continue option at the bottom right corner.
- Hit the Agree button.
- Pick the installation mode.
- Tap the Continue option.
- Review the disk space requirements.
- In this screen, you can alter the installation location.
- Tap the Install option.
- To get selected Office programs rather than the whole 365 suite, select the Customize option and un-check the items you do not require.
- Insert the system password.
- Tap the Install Software option.
- Office 365 installation will start.
- Tap on the azure Close option when the installation is over.
Activate Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
- Go to the Dock.
- Click on Launchpad.
- Click on Microsoft Excel.
- In the What’s New window, press the Get Started button.
- Press the Sign in button.
- Enter the email address used while buying the Office 365 suite.
- Go to the Next screen.
- Enter the password for the Microsoft account.
- Press the Sign in button.
- Insert the 25 digits alphanumeric product key.
- Press the Start Using Excel button.