Plex Live TV, which was released a year ago, does not provide real television channels. It is a tool that allows users to record the OTA or over-the-air content they receive from their antenna. So, with Plex users can record live OTA television shows in High Definition. Without further ado, here’s how you can set up Plex Live TV and watch shows.
Setting up Live TV
- You need to start the set up by plugging the tuner into the router.
- Alternatively, plug it into any empty USB port on the desktop.
- Now, you need to hook up the antenna’s coaxial cable or coax to the tuner.
- Launch Plex.
- Log into the Plex Account.
- Hit the Settings option from the left pane.
- Now, go to the Manage section and select Live TV and DVR.
- Click on the orange Set Up Plex DVR button.
- Now, the tuner will get detected.
- Click on the Continue button at the bottom right corner.
- Now the scan for channels that can be picked up by the antenna will begin.
- Click on the Continue button at the lower right corner.
- After that, you will be prompted to provide your area’s ZIP Code.
- Input the Zip Code so that the right guide gets downloaded.
- Click on the orange Continue button at the lower right corner.
- It will take a couple of minutes for the guide to get downloaded.
- Now you can watch your favorite shows.
Steps for watching Live TV
A majority of platforms of Plex come with support for Live TV. However, their UI and named may differ. For instance, the Plex application on Roku calls the Live TV function as Guide. On the other hand, the Plex app is called Live TV on Xbox One and Android. Plex app can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the Plex application on the device.
- Locate and click on Guide or Live TV (depending on the device).
- Choose the program you wish to play.
This is it! You can now watch Live TV! You can also pause or replay the episodes as and when you please.