Windows computer owners are allowed to store the images from their iOS devices in their computers But they need iTunes, iCloud or Photos to transfer the photos to their Windows computer. Well, there are some methods which you can follow easily even if your computer is running versions older than Windows 10, such as Windows Vista and Windows 7. Let’s check the ways to transfer photos from iOS to Windows.
Here is how to move photos from iOS to Windows
Moving Photos Using File Explorer
- Hook up your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open Windows Explorer by press Windows key + E key combination.
- Go to the left panel of Windows Explorer and click to expand the This Pc tab.
- Click on the iOS device.
- Now, click to open Internal Storage and go to DCIM folder.
- Open the folder with images.
- Click on an image and press the Ctrl key to select the specific images.
- Select Copy to and select the Choose location.
- Click Destination to save the pictures finally.
- Remember to keep the devices connected to complete the transfer completely.
Moving iOS Photos Using Windows Photo App
- You can refer to the Photo App while moving the iOS device images.
- Plug your iOS device with the computer with a USB cable.
- Open the Start menu and launch Photos app.
- Click the Import tab from the right corner of the window.
- Select the photos to import and proceed to click Continue.
Moving Photos Using iCloud
Mircorosft and Apple collaborated to support the services, and hence the Windows operating system is capable of syncing data using iCloud.
- Open the web browser and visit the www.support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204283.
- Scroll down and click the Download button.
- Click Save.
- When the download is complete, click the Run tab and select the I accept the terms checkbox.
- Proceed to select Install and select Finish. Don’t panic if the computer restarts.
- Now, iCloud will appear after a restart.
- Enter the Apple ID and password.
- Proceed to sign into your Apple account.
- Now, go to the Photos section and click the Options button.
- Select My Photo Stream and deselect Upload new photos from my PC.
- Click Done and then Apply.
- The photos from iCloud will be on your Windows computer.
With these methods, you will be able to move the photos from your iOS device to your computer running with Windows 10 operating system. If your computer has previous Windows version, then you may not take benefits of Photos app, but still, you can use the iCloud and iTunes services in the system.